Saturday, April 2, 2011

APRIL 2011 - INSCRIPTION IS COMPLETE

Happy April!  April has started out beautiful!  I have more tulips blooming, I love tulips.  I have finally finished the inscription on my quilt, it is a personal message to my son and daughter.  The quilt top is now ready for the next phase - the quilting phase.  I had my husband take me to our local quilt store "Oklahoma Quiltworks".  Here is the link if you wish to visit... http://www.okquiltworks.com/   A VERY nice lady helped me to pick out the backing - an off-white muslin and a 100% cotton batting which I will be using to assemble my quilt.  She also gave me very helpful information on assembling all of it before the quilting.  I will be gathering some friends who will help me assemble my quilt in the "Oklahoma Quiltworks" store.  I also showed my quilt in the store while there (it's first public viewing--other than in this blog) and received a lot of very nice compliments.  Thanks everyone!  I look forward to the next phase!
Inscription is complete

This is my quilt store
This is the backing, batting and the book my sister gave me to study over the last several years

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see you progress with the quilting. I've already learned something new - that unbleached muslin comes in 108 inch size.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews