Saturday, April 23, 2011

QUILTS FROM MY PAST - PART II

Here is another quilt from my past.  This quilt was made by my now deceased mother-in-law and given to me not too long after I married in the 70's.  It is a Flower Garden Quilt, it has a green backing.  It's 100% hand sewn.
  

This next quilt was left to me after my mother-in-law died.  It is a Sunbonnet Sue Quilt.  She made this quilt in the 80's, it is appliqued and 100% hand sewn.

Also from the 1980's is a quilt I asked my mother to make for me.  I had seen it in a magazine.  It is a Tulip Quilt.  The tulips are appliqued.  It has a matching blue back and two layers of scallops around the edge, one dark blue the other light blue.  I paid her for this quilt.  She made matching pillows for me too. (100% hand sewn).

My mom also made me my first quilt (given to me from her in the 1970's).  It is called a Spool Quilt.  100% hand sewn and used material from clothes I wore in the 70's, my sisters' clothes too.  I used it for many years and it needs some minor repairs.  I will do that "some day" :-)


Next up, my dear sister who has been my mentor through-out the making of my quilt top, worked for many years on a beautiful quilt and gave it to me as a gift.  It is called a Flower Basket Quilt.  She also made a matching pillow.


This next quilt is a doll / baby size quilt that my daughter made in school.  She got an "A" on it :-)  It is a simple block quilt that has been tacked.  I've alway loved and cherished it.

This next quilt is another quilt I inherited when my mother in law died.  I really am not sure what the name of this quilt is.


And finally, this last quilt was another one my mother made.  It is also made using material from our old clothes.  I believe it is a String Quilt.  It's very colorful.

1 comment:

Total Pageviews