Friday, April 29, 2011

BASTING PARTY

Hello everyone!  My quilt has been assembled, basted / pinned for the next phase of my "Odyssey"!  A GREAT BIG THANK-YOU to all my friends who helped to get the work done! You're the best!  Also a BIG Thank-you to Oklahoma Quiltworks ( http://www.okquiltworks.com/ ) for allowing us to use their classroom in which to assemble it.

Four special friends and myself gathered on Thursday at Oklahoma Quiltworks to get my quilt ready for the next step (quilting).  We ironed, layed out the backing, added the batting and then the top, taped the edges, then sewed and pinned for most of the day.  But the job was finally done, and I'm really excited and ready to move on to quilting it.
Three of my helpers, Sylvia, Kaye and Laura
Ironing the backing - myself (left) and Linda (right)


Taping backing and batting in place
Getting it placed just right; Laura and Linda

Placing the top on the batting; Frm left Laura, Linda and Kaye

Basting, basting, basting! Frm left Linda, Sylvia, Laura & me!

We're done! Frm left Linda, Susan, Laura, Kaye
Folded and ready to take home! Thank-you everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Your photos make it all look so easy but we know that is far from the truth. I'm so glad you got it all done and had such wonderful friends to help you. Good luck and best wishes to you on quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looked like so much fun! Ditto the above comments. Wouldn't it be nice to have the quilting frame mom had? :D

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews