Sunday, February 20, 2011

August 2004

Hot, hot August has arrived and it has now been 365 days since "Quilt Start Date".  My goal has been to work on the quilt some each day since day one, and have succeeded with my goal.  I am now on row 61 (8,540 squares).  The half way mark is row 80 so I'm not as far along as I thought I would be when I started last August 5, 2003.  You can now see part of her baby-dolls' faces.  I have also done a bit more outlining and plan to do more outlining as I progress.  I am still pondering as I sew just how I will quilt the quilt, i. e. the thread pattern/design.  I may just zig-zag the blocks on the fill-in part of the quilt and use the outlining as quilting on the design part of the quilt, or just simply quilt straight across each row.  We shall see. 
August 2004--baby dolls are starting to appear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews