Monday, February 21, 2011

March 2006

Mild, mild February has come and gone and SPRING is on the way (21st)…..February was one of the warmest on record with massive grass fires during the last 135 days (Nov. 1-Mar.15) burning up many, many acres of land and hundreds of structures …so very SAD.  However HOPE Springs eternal and hopefully RAIN is on the way. My hyacinths, phlox, jonquils & daffodills are blooming, the tulips have awakened and are up about 3 inches and getting buds and the trees are budding out.

Alas,  progress on my quilt continues at a snails pace.   I  just finished row 122  ( 17,080 squares sewn!) and am beginning on row 123 - 38 rows to go!!  I had to go shopping once again for material I was running low on, and of course had to settle for something similar to what I was searching for as it's almost impossible to find the same material almost 3 years later.

I continue to worry about the quilting phase of my quilt, I just don't know yet how I will proceed with the quilting, or what color of thread I shall use.  I went and bought 2 different shades of thread that I may combine when I begin on the wording phase of the quilt.  I will embroider the inscription on the quilt top before quilting the quilt then begin the quilting phase.  I do not have an updated picture this month, will try to have one for next month….See Ya Then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews