Thursday, February 24, 2011

June through August 2008

Happy summer! The heat has already begun!  A strong rain storm moved through our area bringing strong wind gusting up to 80.5 mph.  A lightning bolt hit our pecan tree and shredded bark from the tree in several places and put a medium sized hole in the ground, very scary and amazing at the same time!  Also my first grandchild was born in August!  How exciting it was to be present for the birth of my first granddaughter, truly a joy and a blessing!  We also made a trip to Ohio to visit relatives the last week of August and were there for the Labor Day Weekend Fireworks show on the mighty Ohio River....It was lots of fun!


I have progressed on the inscription on my quilt and have all the squares (for border) cut and ready to sew.  I used the iron on transfers to transfer my quilt pictures to the fabric and will place them every third square around the border.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews