Monday, February 21, 2011

July & August 2006

July 2006:
        Happy 4th of July!  I  am working fast and furious on my quilt again after taking part of the summer off…I will update my progress in the August newsletter.  See you then!

August 2006: 
Good-bye August!  Oklahoma has been in the throes of one of the hottest summers on record with 36 days so far over 100 degs…...WOW!!  August 5th was the Three Year Anniversary of working on my quilt.  Time flies!!!   I have spent most of August working fast and furious to try and catch up from my lack of progress during the early summer months.  As of August 31st I am on row 137 with 21 rows left to sew on the top.

My husband and I decided to do some calculations as to amount of time spent on the quilt to date.  He "Timed" me to see how long it takes me to sew each square - I sewed 4 different squares and was timed on each square, then we took the average of all four squares and came up with 1 minute per side.  There are 160 rows in the quilt top - each row containing 140 one-inch squares.   So….  136 completed rows sewn x 140 squares = 19,040 squares x 4 minutes per square = 76,160 minutes divided by 60 minutes = 1,269.33 hours spent sewing the squares…these hours do not include time spent prepping the material (ironing, cutting, laying out the pattern, etc.) which we estimated added an additional 24 hours for a total of 1,293.33 man hours!!!  Once again I do not have an updated picture but will try to get one taken by the end of October (maybe the final picture!)  See you next month!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews