Monday, February 21, 2011

February 2007

Hello!  Oklahoma has been in the midst of a winter blast this past one and a half months which has kept us virtually in a “Deep Freeze” with snow, sleet, freezing rain and bitter cold…luckily the weather has taken a turn for the better with predicted highs in the 60’s & low 70’s this week!!  My Hyacinths, tulips and daffodils began popping their heads up around the first of this month and are getting buds and hopefully will began blooming soon.  Spring can’t come soon enough!   

The biggest milestone to date has finally occurred!! I completed sewing on the final row of my quilt on February 11th, 2007 at 12:22 p.m.   I sewed a total of 22,400 squares (160 rows of 140 squares) and used a total of 3,400 yards of 100% Glace’ Finish Cotton thread to complete the quilt top – WOW!

     HOWEVER….I plan to add two additional rows at the top to balance the picture as the first row is so close to the top of “Natalie’s” head.  I will next finish the outlining and inscription and add the border….then on to “PHASE TWO” “The Quilting”
Me with completed quilt top

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews