Friday, February 25, 2011

May, June & July 2010

May 2010
Happy Cinco De Mayo!  And Happy Memorial Day!  God bless our troops! "Freedom lives….because they died".   My giant red poppies are blooming, they are gorgeous!  I also celebrated one more birthday J    Also this month, more tornadoes moved through our area and damaged a lot of stuff including our favorite camp ground and marina L  We also lost TV host Art Linkletter this month at age 97, and actor Dennis Hopper at age 74.
I continue to sew on the final row of my quilt, which is being added at the top of the quilt.
June 2010
Summer has rolled around again and we spent a lot of time earlier this month at the lake camping and floating around on our pontoon boat.  It's been a nice early summer.  We did have a brief period of rain, we got a whopping 11" in one day on the 14th.  I also went on a road trip to visit my sister.  We both drove up to South Dakota to visit the famous "Corn Palace" and visit the birth home of my mother.  I had a fun trip, but did not get a chance to work on my quilt, so no update for you this month.
July 2010
July opened with lots of rain from Hurricane Alex.  It started out in Mexico and made its' way straight to Oklahoma City.  It rained for 8 straight days! 
I finished sewing on the final row of my quilt.  I also finished sewing on one side of the border and have started on the second side.  I did not take an updated picture.  I'll post one in August.  See you next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews