Monday, February 21, 2011

March - November 2007

March 2007
Hello Spring!  My son got engaged this month to a very lovely girl.  The wedding will be in August :-)  I have taken some time off from working on my quilt to update my picture albums.  I will resume work soon, and when I begin again, will  work on finishing the outlining of the quilt top, add the additional rows to the top, begin the inscription, and then add the pictorial border around the entire top.  See you next month!


April 2007
GREETINGS!  This has once again been a very busy month.  To start with, all my tulips bloomed this month – what a beautiful sight!!  I had pink, yellow, purple and red ones.  I also planted most of the plants I brought back from my trip to Texas in late March. These included a rose bush, hosta, camellia, fern, impatiens and more.  My quilt progress is still on hold while I update my photo albums


May/June /July 2007
RAIN! RAIN! RAIN!  After a two year drought we now have rain up to our knees. As of this date (per the national news) we have had almost 19” of rain (normal yearly rainfall totals of 35.9” and during the drought the last two years totals were 27.8”) so we are on our way to being WAY above average this year).  My quilt progress is still on hold while I update my photo albums.


August 2007:  Happy Anniversary to this journal and my quilt.  August is the 4 year anniversary of the beginning of my quilt project and this journal.  The quilt top is complete except for a border and the inscription.  I’m on temporary hiatus to get ready for my son’s August wedding and to continue work on my photo albums. 

September/October/November 2007:  My son and new daughter-in-law had a lovely wedding last month, that was only marred by Tropical Storm Erin moving across Oklahoma.  We had to move the outdoor wedding inside, due to 9" of rain in just several hours!  I continue with my temporary hiatus and will begin working again on my quilt soon.  Happy Thanksgiving!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews