Friday, February 25, 2011

February and March 2010

February 2010
Happy Ground Hog Day!  6 more weeks of winter :-(     I took off from working on my quilt as my father-in-law passed away and we had to make a trip out of state.
I am still working on the last row of 140 squares.  I have 4 more sets of 10 squares to sew, then I will sew the 14 sets together and both rows will be complete. 
March 2010
Happy March!  March blew in like the proverbial lion.  My spring flowers are up and I'm looking forward to seeing them bloom!  The United States Census 2010 takes place this year.  We received our forms this month, and our 17th earthquake this year (in our state) took place this month on the 5th.  I have felt several of them, this one was a 3.1M.  On more grim news, this is the 7th anniversary of the Iraq War.
I have finished the two additional rows for my quilt and have begun to attach them to the quilt.  After they are attached, I will sew on the border.  The new size is now 140 squares wide and 162 rows long (or 22,680 1" fabric squares).  There are 102 squares sewn together for the border around the quilt.  Those squares are 3" x 4" each and contain pictures of the progress of the quilt beginning from 2003 and forward until the border was completed.  See everyone next month!
Sewing together the final sets

Attaching the two new rows

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews