Thursday, February 24, 2011

September & October 2009

September 2009
Many moons have come and gone since the start of my quilt in 2003.  I took a much needed two week break from my quilt and the rat race in general to travel to the northeast part of the United States—New Jersey, to visit one of my sisters.  I was joined on my trip by one of my others sisters who lives in another state.  Besides touring most of New Jersey and the "Jersey Shore", we also visited New York City, Philadelphia, PA, Longwood Gardens (duPont Estate) and parts of Delaware.  Longwood gardens was an amazing place to visit and I enjoyed it very much!  I also loved the "shore" and the lighthouses, enjoyed shopping in NYC and visiting the Statue of Liberty for the first time.   I had a wonderful time and can't wait to go back!
October 2009
I celebrated my 21st year at the company I work for!  Gee! time flies when one is having fun ;-)  My granddaughter participated in the carving of her very first jack-o-lantern too, she really enjoyed playing with the seeds.  I managed to finish sewing the 3rd border this month.  I will begin the 4th side soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews