Tuesday, February 22, 2011

December 2007

Exciting news!  I am going to be a grandmother in August 2008.  My first grandchild!  Winter didn't stay away for very long....an ice storm came in this month, it was the worst we've ever had.  Heavy freezing rain moved in with lightning and thunder, it was WEIRD.  We had LOTS of downed trees and damage.  Our power was not restored for 9 days.  Luckily we had a generator (which ran some of the house) and five days into no power, got a 2nd generator (which helped run the whole house).  Most people on our block went to motels/hotels.

I began on the 23rd doing prep work for the border that will go around the quilt.  The border will consist of fabric squares and pictures of past progress of the quilt that have been printed on fabric.  I have printed some of the pictures that I will use and went and bought a couple of yards of fabric for the plain squares and will begin sewing them together after I get them all cut.  Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews