Sunday, February 20, 2011

October 2004



October 2004 - you can see both dolls
            Fall has arrived and all the leaves are beginning to change to red, gold and orange…so pretty.  Cooler temperatures along with some rain have also arrived and has brought a much needed relief from this past summer's heat.  I had Jury Duty the week of September 13th and while waiting to be selected to a jury (I was selected as a preliminary juror on a murder trial) I managed to sew 6 fill--in strips of 10 squares each (60 squares).  Jury Duty was more stressful than I had expected and set me back a bit on my goal of sewing some each day (I was released from Jury duty the afternoon of the fourth day).  However, I am now back on course and about to begin on Row 75.  I have sewn 10,360 squares to date and have used a total of 5 spools of bright white Cotton Hand Quilted Glace' thread totaling 1,725 yards.  I have done some more outlining on various parts of the quilt and you can now see the little girls' two tea party dolls' facial expressions with wonderful clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews