Friday, February 25, 2011

January 2010

Happy New Year 2010! My how the years are flying by.  Seems like only yesterday that I began my quilt project!   Another tragic event has occurred in the world, a 7.0 earthquake has hit Haiti!  It's the largest quake ever recorded in that area.  How sad for the people of Haiti!
I am continuing to work on adding two more rows to the top of my quilt.  I have finished the first row which is 140 squares in length.  I have started on the second row and am currently cutting more squares.  I cut a length of folded material so that when I cut the strip it cuts four squares at a time.  I usually cut about 40-60 squares each time.  I sew them into lengths of 10, then sew the lengths together when I've sewn 14 lengths.
Cutting pieces from pattern

Cutting final side of pieces

Pieces cut

Pattern layed out

Sewing the pieces

Strips of 10

2 comments:

  1. Hi, and yes, this quilt is 100% hand made. I'm almost ready to put it together and begin the quilting phase, hopefully it won't take as long as the top did :-)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews